It is back for another year but with a change or two to enhance the night of nights for WA brewing.
The Perth Royal Beer Show Awards is now open for entry and the WA Brewers Association is calling on all members to submit their best beers for judging.
The process for the 2018 awards is similar to last year.
- Go to https://www.perthroyalshow.
- If you have an account from last year, simply login. If this is your first time, please register an account.
- Once you have logged on, click the “Add an Entry” link and choose the Perth Royal Beer Awards competition
- Choose a Section to enter from the drop down menu at the top (Commercial – Packaging, Commercial, or Amateur)
- Click the blue “CREATE ENTRY” button to the right of the Class you’d like to enter, then fill in the details and save changes.
- Click “Add Entry” button on the left hand menu to add further entries and repeat the process.
- Once you’re finished, click the “Pay and Submit Entries” button on the left-hand menu, then fill in the details and you’re done!
However, this year’s awards night on Friday July 13 will be staged as a cocktail function to keep down costs for breweries and encourage more to attend the big WA beer night of the year.
More details on the awards night will be forwarded in due course.
But it is important to remember a number of key dates.
*Deliveries: Mon 25 – Tue 26 June
*Judging: 1 – 2 July
*Awards Presentation: Fri 13 July
Some of the major awards on offer at this year’s Perth Royal Beer Show awards include –
- The Beer & Beef Club Trophy for Champion Beer
- The Hopco Trophy for Champion Large Brewery
- The Sail & Anchor Trophy for Champion Small Brewery
- The Royal Agricultural Society of WA Trophy for Best New Exhibitor
The winner of the Best Amateur Beer Trophy will win the opportunity to make a commercial batch of their winning beer on premises at Feral Brewery, to be released at the 2018 Fremantle Beerfest.
Back to the old school, the Exhibitor Tasting will be an invite-only event for PRBA entrants to sample other beers entered into the competition. It will be held at the Claremont Showground on Saturday July 14.
Good luck to all exhibitors.